How To Buy Fresh Local Produce – CSA
Buying direct from your Farmer is a wonderful way for people who eat to connect with people who grow. To use your food dollars to buy well-grown food, fosters not only your personal well-being but also supports a healthy community. Pinewood Farm grows over 75 varieties of fruits, veggies and herbs. Farmers Markets provide a wide variety of locally grown food and offer you a connection to the farm where the food is grown, with the opportunity to meet your farmer. Purchasing your food through a direct marketing channel gives a feeling of participation in a local food economy. Community Supported Agriculture aka “CSA” is characterized by prepaid membership subscriptions sold prior to the harvest season.
What to Expect
- Spring Season Late May – June Our produce season begins with asparagus, lettuce, spring green onions, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, collards, turnips, carrots, beets and strawberries.
- Summer Season June – September Squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, okra, eggplants, green beans, corn, peppers (sweet & hot), Potatoes: red, white, blue and gold! Watermelon and cantaloupes are ready to harvest mid- July and continue through Summer.
- Fall/ Winter Season October – December Winter squashes, pie-pumpkins, sweet potatoes, greens, turnips, Chinese cabbage, Brussels sprouts, bok choy, daikon radish, snow peas, spinach, Jerusalem artichokes and shiitake mushrooms round out our growing year.
Various herbs are available throughout the season and include:
Cilantro · parsley · basil · sage · oregano · chives · garlic · dill
- Grass fed beef, pork, and lamb available upon request, sold at market price at the Pinewood Store & kitchen. All animals are pasture raised and processed in a USDA certified and inspected facility to insure the best quality meats.
Pinewood Farm 2015 CSA Subscription Plan
There is a lifetime membership fee of $15 and pre-pay for your choices of Subscription Plan.
Subscription Plan Options
- Monthly Plan is $125 for 4 week period. Which can be renewed each month.
- Full Season Plan is $600 for the 2015 year which is June – December.
Each subscription has One CSA bag that will feed 2-3 people and include a weekly Real Food recipe. Hassle-free pick up (bag return is optional). No long term commitment required.
Where to Buy
Farmers Market locations and CSA pick up will be at same sites.
Friday at The Bellevue Farmers Market from 5 to 7:30pm at 7501 Old Harding Pike, in the parking lot of the Bellevue United Methodist Church.
Saturday at The Dickson Farmers Market from 8am-12pm located at 284 Cowan Road in Dickson.
We also sell produce online to restaurants at Nashville Grown
How To Buy
Taking subscriptions for our 2015 season. Click here for downloadable application.
For any additional questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.